What the hell is toopit?!

What the hell is toopit?!

Search This Blog


Sunday, March 7, 2010

Riley's Pub on 2nd St.

RILEY'S REVIEW
by jwg


Living in the Shore, as Belmont Shore is known, is about as close as it gets to "making it."  It doesn't matter if you are like 73% of the population and rent, hell if you are lucky enough to live here...you are lucky enough.  I rent and pay way too much, but I don't care...because at the end of the day, I get to walk down to 2nd Street, sit down at a table perfect for people watching, and enjoy my family.


My wife Pam, and three of my four kids decided to eat at Riley's.  I have been there several times before and I love there food.  I found out that one of the owners shares similar beer taste with me and I was most happy to find RED NECTAR on tap.

It was cold and fresh, and served in chilled schooners glasses they way a beer should be.  Riley's is popular with just about everyone I graduated from school with here in Long Beach.  Somehow it feels like both a high school reunion, and family night out at the same time, and I am not sure why.The interior is tastefully paneled in dark wood, there are plenty of flat screens available from just about every seat, and most importantly, the FOOD is second to none!  We orderded different things, and full disclosure here, told the manager we were going to blog about his fine establishment.  We had impecable service, but we already liked this place, so I guess we already expected it.

I ordered the Garlic Burger.  It was fantastic, my son ordered the Buffalo Chicken Salad...

Here is a before and after picture.


 


Desert was ridiculous....




The management was great and we will be back soon...

Thanks Ian!

--jwg

No comments:

Post a Comment